DC Power Adapters for Commercial Vehicles
Stay charged, powered up and ready to work while you’re out on the road with the latest and greatest in DC power adapters.
Not all power adapters are created the same. When you’re on the road for work, having an extra power supply can be crucial to making sure you get the job done. Van Products proudly offers a range of DC power adapters to keep you going strong when you’re on your own.
Types of DC Power Adapters
DC power adapters work by using a transformer to convert the input voltage into a higher or lower AC voltage. A rectifier is then used to convert the transformer output voltage to DC voltage, which is passed through an electronic filter.
There are two main types of DC power adapters, regulated and unregulated:
Unregulated DC Power Adapters
- Most common type of power adapter used today
- Power adapter isn’t subject to the control of a voltage regulator
- Should be used if you’re replacing an existing power adapter
- Should be used when choosing an unknown power adapter for a job
Regulated DC Power Adapters
- DC output voltage always stays with the rated value
- May be used to charge items such as: digital camera, cell phones, electric shavers, certain power tools, video games
Shop Our Selection of DC Power Adapters
Don’t wait until you’re out on a job without an adequate power source. At Van Products, our professional team members can help you select the DC power adapter that is best suited for your line of work.
Van Products offers one of the area’s largest selections of DC power adapters. Contact us today by giving us a call at: calling 919-238-4597, and upfit your vehicle(s) with a high quality DC power adapter.